Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Silly Mammy...



I was having a Christmas-y day with Grace today. We weren't exactly baking cookies but she was playing with the nativity scene in the office and I was making some new Christmas stockings. Every once in awhile she would wander into the kitchen with me and watch 101 Dalmations, then she would go back to the office and suddenly I realized it was very quiet. I surprised her in the act of decorating my office furniture with two bottles of "white-out" she found in the bin under the printer. I have only myself to blame because she painted the printer stand with it last week while I was in the room, but I was compulsively blogging and didn't notice right away. Of course, she got in trouble and she was a very sad girl while sitting on what is now the time out chair, watching me scrape off her artwork.
The "white-out" is now safely stored in the top drawer of the credenza and in case anyone was wondering, it does come off shutters, drop-leaf tables, laptops and the mouse, and printer stands. However, it cannot be removed from walls. I bent down to kiss her tear-streaked face and she looked up at me with her big blue eyes and said, "I missed you, Mammy." We should all be like a two year old and forget offenses in five minutes or less.
Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

Fausett Family said...

Ha ha!!! That is too funny!!! I guess you'll have to just repaint! but if I remember right you seem to do that every month anyway!! :)