Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Gallery




This last year, Mike has become quite a prolific painter. He has this pitiful "studio" in the basement but he has been turning out paintings like a man possessed. I have a room that I didn't quite know what to do with---a dining room, a library? I started hanging art on the walls and it became The Gallery. After we hung all the paintings I thought we needed something 3 dimensional so I headed to C.G.Sparks (where else?) and bought Mike an African ladder for Father's Day. Last month we set up tables and had Stu's birthday dinner in there but mostly it is a pretty room to do yoga. I have my eye on a cream leather daybed that would make a nice place to relax...someday. Thanks to Sonny, my father-in-law for the trunk--he saw it at a garage sale and thought "Leslie has to have this!"

2 comments:

Nesting with Grace said...

love it! How lucky are you to have an in house artist...you can say I need something for this spot! I hope you get my name next year!

Am-Biance said...

He is such a talent...Love the trunk too, it is such a Leslie item!Looks great Les~