Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Love Color!




I love the funky, mixed up look of Tricia Guild fabrics and wallpaper. A very fun and innovative designer in London, she is one of my inspirations. Her signature style is flocked fabric and wallpaper and cut velvets in bright jewel colors. She recently introduced a new line for the Royal family.


I used these ideas in the grandkids' playroom by mismatching the curtain panels. Recently, I ordered two enormous wedge sofas in purple velvet for a client. The pillows are cut velvet in lime, orange and brown.
I also used another obsession: handmade paper from Reuel's Art Supply in downtown SLC. I decoupaged it to the chairs and table and used it as matting on a train drawing that Mike gave to Malachi for his birthday.

3 comments:

Nesting with Grace said...

Fun background! Love all the color and the LIGHT fresh look...you don't need a flash light to see your tape measure!
Great tips!!!

..{{bliss in the city}}.. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog! And I love Tricia's book...all those fun patterns and bright colors...delightful!

Am-Biance said...

So cute Les~ love all of the fun bright colors...Your new background is darling... So you!!